Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 3 and 4

Ooopie Daisy, I forgot about my blog.  Ok, I didn’t, but I’ve been busy with life these past few days and Blah. Blah. Blah.  School. Blah. Blah. Blah. About a thousand research papers.  Blah. Blah. Blah.  Sick kids. Blah. Blah. Blah. Life.

Can I just say that I hate and I do mean HATE writing papers!  After having written a blog for this many years and never EVER caring about a damn thesis statement, and if my topic sentences relate back to my thesis and if the last sentence in a paragraph ties back to both my thesis AND topic sentence and not worrying about talking in the first person. CRAP! There are so many rules to “real” writing.  It’s enough to send me to the nuthouse!  However, I’m becoming quite the critic for other people’s writing now.  And no, that’s not a good thing because it kinda takes the run out of reading.  I have not, however, gain such an eye for my own writing.  Totally weird, eh?

Ok, back to this Memovember thing.

Day 3- A recent picture of you and your friends. 

Well, I was dumb earlier this year when I failed to get a picture of me, Karl and Cissa when we met up with earlier this year at the Happiest Place On Earth.  And again when I met up with Shiny a few weeks ago.  However, Shiny remembered, “Hey! Let’s take a picture!” So we did…  Here is me and Shiny and some kids we picked up on the side of the road…

And another picture that reminds the power of friendship and this little thing called bloggerworld…

SANY0009

Though she is not in the picture, these flowers represent my bestest friend Becky who sent these flowers right after my grandma passed. 

All my true friends, they live in this computer.  I can’t even get a group of ladies to go to the movies with me.  I can’t even get my own family (what’s left of it) to call me and make sure that I’m ok and NOT MAKE ME *NOT* CALLING THEM ABOUT THEM.  Yes, my true friends are the people who keep their kids up late because I can’t find the damn restaurant in a town I’ve never been before. My true friends are the ones that send flowers to say, “I’m sorry for your loss.”  My true friends are the ones that email me, text me, send Facebook messages saying “I’m thinking of you.” My true friends don’t care if I don’t call for six months, but will drive 12 hours just to hang out for the weekend.  My true friends don’t forget my birthday and call me a week later (yes, my aunt and cousin forgot my birthday this year.) Yes, my dear readers, you are my only true friends and dare I say you are more like family than my own family (except for my hubby and kids, they kinda take top honors in that department). It both makes me sad and happy. Now, before I get all dopey on the topic, I do have two ladies who I do like in real life and dare I say, we might end up becoming friends? One day maybe? It’s just hard for me to trust people in real life, they always seem to let me down in the worst way.

Ok, enough of all that…

Onto Day 4- A habit that you wish you didn’t have.

Easy! 

Smoking. 

If I could go back and kick my way younger self’s ass, I so totally would!!  My mom was right, I do regret ever picking up the habit.  I really fucking hate smoking.  I do have plans to quit though, but that is another bad habit of mine, I have all these grand and wonderful plans, but my follow through needs improvement.  I wish I was a hardcore type-A person.  Yeah, that would be awesome. I’m more of a type-W, X, Y, Y am I doing this again? Type person. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the pictures of you hanging out with "Shiny" He is a very special person. I totally understand the "friends in the machine" deal!

    ReplyDelete