Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Promises, promises, promises

Sooooo…. my hubby got this P90X thingy from a friend.  What is a P90X thingy you ask? Well, it’s a series of workout DVD’s.  Like hardcore  burn 600 calories a workout DVD’s.  I was telling my hubby that I needed a hardcore workout routine because it was just too easy for me to workout to easy programs and I need results, like now, todayAnd he just happened to have a friend that had these workout DVD’s who no longer can use them because he got sick, like long term sick, not like a “I have a cold” sick.  Even though I would use a cold as a perfect excuse to never workout again, my hubby’s friend isn’t the kind that would do that.   However, since he has been advised by a doctor not to do P90X anymore, he gave us his DVD’s. Pretty cool, huh?

I have had these DVD’s for a few weeks now annnnndddd every night I promise myself that I will start tomorrow.  Well, tomorrow somehow always seems to come and go and I make the same promise every night never once following through on my promise from the night before. I need to work on my follow through, yes?

So, needless to say, I really need to keep that promise one of these days if I ever expect to stop being compared to a whale. Funny thing, I lost like 30 pounds just a while ago.  Well, it wasn’t overnight or anything, actually it took a long time, like 6 months. (I haven’t lost one pound and actually have gained 5 since the whole thing with my mom, it’s been that long since I lost any weight- which I find crazy because I know what I have to do to lose weight so I only have myself to blame! *sigh* /EndofRant).  I know, for me, the only thing that I can do to lose weight is to exercise.  I can count all my calories until I’m blue in the face and I’m not gonna get the results that I need or want. For me, exercise is the only way.  Why wasn’t I blessed with one of those bodies that could just eat whatever I wanted and  yet never gain a pound?  I really want to trade in my body for one of those bodies.  I wonder how I can do that?  Any ideas?

Well, I am hoping that tonight as I type out the same promise that I have said in my head over and over and over again, this time it will stick.  Tomorrow I will start my P90X workout.  I promise. 

1 comment:

  1. Ow. I pulled something just watching that!! I can always come up with an excuse not to exercise. (Too hot, too cold, I just ate, I just showered, Hubby is home, my show is on.....)

    Too bad there isn't a way to exercise online with my friends. It might make me more accountable.

    ReplyDelete