Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I don’t have skin cancer, but more importantly, the doctor asked if I was 25!

I have started watching The Big C on Showtime.  I totally recommend checking that show out if you have 30 minutes to spare each week. I am really enjoying it.  It’s about a lady who has been diagnosed with skin cancer and has about a year left to live. 

Well, I have this mole on my arm that I have forEVER! I figured it was time to get it checked out before the hubby’s insurance runs outs when he no longer has a job.  I mean, if I have cancer, I might as well find out now, right? It’s called perfect timing folks. 

Well, I don’t have cancer and it’s just your everyday run of the mill mole, but I’m to keep a close eye and come back if it changes.  BUT more importantly, the doctor said to me, “You are 25 right?”  Um. Hello! I was so giddy when he said that.  I will never know if he was just being polite and says silly things like that to all his patients, but for today, for this moment, I am going to believe the really thought I was 25! 

I got a new haircut and that may have something to do with it. My hair is up to my shoulders and I have bangs now.  I would post a picture, but that would require me to get up and turn on a light and take a picture. None of which I want to do at this moment in time. 

However, I will show the pictures from my doctors office.  It was something I had never seen before!  I went in expecting it to look like every other doctor’s office I have been in:

But instead I found this:

I know what your thinking. It was the exact thing I was thinking when I walked into his office.  “Great. Now I’m gonna have to get a second opinion because who is this guy and what is all this crap?  Is this how they do it in Canada?  However, he was GREAT! He knew right away by something or other what kind of mole I had. Assured me that since I’ve had it forever and it’s not changed, that it’s nothing for me to worry about and blah. blah. blah. More serious doctor stuff.  I left there feeling reassured that I don’t have skin cancer and can now watch The Big C in peace and stop worrying about the mole on my arm.  All is good in the world and I have something to be really happy about!

And one more thing: I might, just might get my kitchen back on Monday.  Remember it looks like this (now without the fans! Yay! They were so loud!!! And the fan guy was a JERK! That is a whole other blog post for another day):

Kitchen

Stove

Yep. No stove. No sink. No counters.  Just a room with a fridge.  It’s been annoying more than anything. All the things that were in the cabinets are now on my dinning room table and floor and everything starting to spread all over to the rest of the house.  But I hope our days living this way are coming to an end. Very exciting!

And just one more thing: Today is the launch day of

Carboholics Anonymous

This is a blog created by some awesome women and I was invited to share my weight loss journey on this blog as well! Please check it out and let us know what you think!  Some really amazing people have been working hard to get this blog up and running and I think it looks great!!

Oh and it’s my birthday month!  I almost forgot to share that with you.  Man, that would suck! Wouldn’t want you to forget such an important event. 

Ok, all happy news today! You are proud of me aren’t you?  But I promised you guys when I have something to cheer about, you’d be the first to know and well, now you know!!! 

And this is my newest favorite song. I can’t hear it enough!! Do you have a favorite song right now?

1 comment:

  1. Of course this is how we do it in Canada! And it's all free. ;-)

    My favorite song at the moment is "Mama" by Genesis. I gotta watch out because when I listen to it on the bus I always have to fight the urge to go "Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, awh" while looking at total strangers. :-)

    ReplyDelete