Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It’s not all bad, really it isn’t. At least when you’ve been drinking!

My friend who I met at ConFab, Baby last year, wrote a post “Bad Is Not So Bad.”  And she, my dear readers, is totally and 100% right!

This year has sucked much more than the others in my life as far as bad news and heartbreak.  BUT, the good news, I haven’t lost my faith. I haven’t lost my hubby or my kids- those three people are my total and complete world.  I still have my cat that I’ve had since 1998, she is like my pet soul mate and I’m not even a cat person, but she has grown on me in the last 12 years.  I love my cat more than I love some people that I call family.  I have my doggie that can make me laugh more than most humans. She is always doing something crazy and rolling around and the best, squeaky toys! I love watching her being amazed by the squeak and the “what the hell was that?!?! Where is it coming from?!” thingy that her ears do when her toys squeak.

I have some pretty amazing online friends that keep me from totally falling off the edge. 

And mostly, I have faith that things will be ok.  I don’t know if it’s just the prospect of “Well, if the hubby doesn’t find a local job, where do you want to go? We could move anywhere in America we want!” It’s such a feeling of freedom and excitement.

Now, before I put my hair up in Polly-Anna ponytails and start singing, “The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music” yes, I’m scared and yes I want my mom and yes I want the world that I had a year ago in my hands.  But at the same time, I know that things will be ok.  We aren’t homeless and probably won’t be homeless because I have a wonderful mother-in-law who will let us live with her- RENT FREE!  And while our city is going down the shit tube, not every city out there is and the hubby can totally find a job somewhere else in America and he is totally open to the idea to move and not just to Boston. Actually, he is really liking this other town that has a lot of prospect for employment, but I’m keeping that location top secret for now.  But let me just say, we might become Cheese Heads.  Or I might become one.  My hubby won’t jump ship from New England teams. Ever. 

So, yes, this is scary.  And while this year ahead of us might be one of the roughest yet, I am confident that we will come out the other end just fine and probably better than we were a year ago and most certainly better than we are today.

And with that, time to get another drink to keep this happy feeling going ….   I’m gonna have such a headache tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I totally get not wanting to work in Boston. The drive in the city, alone, would kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't become a cheesehead.I can't stand cheeseheads.
    That said, Boston rocks.
    And really -things can nearly always be worse, so I'm glad you've kept that perspective!
    (Also, I was like, Who the eff is Misery Chastain?! Haha)

    ReplyDelete