Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Better than hopeless

As you know me and the hubby have been in talks about moving. Moving out of this town that does not get me at. all.  Moving out of this town that I seemly have outgrown in the last few months. Moving out of this town that no longer holds the happy memories of my youth, but now just the place where I’ve lost everything I’ve loved from the moment I took my first breath. 

This Wednesday the hubby will be talking to a rep from his work about relocating to another plant within the company.  When my hubby told me this, fear came over my whole body. “Wait. Are you saying we could actually move? Like really?”  “Yes” he replied.

Um. Ok.  Wow.  Could we? Is it possible? I don’t know as I sit here what will happen.  The fact that moving could really happen and not just be words on my computer or words that me and the hubby speak to one another while laying in bed talking about everything under the sun from moving and where would we go to what to have for dinner this week. 

I am fearful, but excited. I want to move. I need to move. I am scared to move. I mean I am just starting back to college, how does that even work? Transferring schools? Surely it’s easy, it happens everyday, right? My kids, will they love it or hate it? What if I take them from the only family they have left and they hate me for it? What if  this totally backfires on me and me and the hubby and family are worse for wear for doing this? Yet, I’m excited for the possibility it holds. 

I want to move. I hate this town. I don’t want to wait until I’m done with school to move, though we may have to if the hubby finds some awesome job here and/or no jobs from “the outside” come our way. 

So, anyway. Another rambling post, I know. Mixed with contradictions and much ado about nothing. 

But, I love being full of this type of fear and excitement all rolled into one. It sure beats feeling hopeless.

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I want to move, I need a new location, I've lived in this state my whole life but the idea of moving is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, where to then?
    May I suggest NOT Los Angeles? Other than that, anywhere in California...*whistles*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We moved from the comfort of living within spitting distance from both sets of parents and more than half of our siblings to living in Stepford. While I was nervous and scared, the move was the best thing that ever happened to my kids. You'll never know until you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We moved a lot when I was a kid. For the most, I survived it, and I believe it made me a better person (wow, just think how fucked up I might have been if we hadn't moved!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should move to the PacNW!

    Okay now that I've said that...I think moving will be good for all of you and your kids are young, they will make new friends and be just fine. And you will probably meet some new awesome people too. Transferring schools is not a big deal. I've done it and I could help you if you needed. (But I'm sure you won't!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've in so many states due to moving when I was younger, that I can't keep track. Your girls are young and resilient. They will be able to adapt better than you think. Besides, they may want a fresh start, too.

    Transferring schools is pretty easy. Just fill out a couple of forms and then the schools do the rest.

    ReplyDelete