Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 1- 15 facts about me

So, my Canadian friend, LeSombre had this meme up a while ago and I really liked the idea of it. 

Day 01- A recent picture of you (with really messed up bangs!) and 15 interesting facts about yourself

SANY0029

Fifteen interesting facts about myself:

  1. I am only child. While not all together interesting, I could not imagine having a sister or brother who I had to share with.  I used to like that everything that is mine, is in fact, mine. I never had that argument, “Mommmmm! She stole my hair bow!”  The downsize, I have nobody to share the pain of losing my mom. I am all alone in this heartbreak and it sucks. I guess it would have been worth losing a few hair bows just for someone to say, “I know and understand.’  And I totally know that they do. 
  2. I want a third baby. I will never have a third baby.  No longer can I hide behind the unknowing of how much babies cost.  I know how much work babies are and how much they cost and having a third baby would not be fair to the two that I have.  So, yeah, that’s a touchy subject for me.
  3. I have a messed up fingernail.  You probably wouldn’t even notice it, it’s not big deal. It has some ridge type stuff going on.  However, it would be enough to identify my body – if my hand was attached and my face was not.
  4. I love and hate staying up late at night. I am a hardcore insomniac.  Apparently, so was my great great grandma.  I love the quiet. I hate that I’m tired in the mornings.
  5. I am going back to school so that I can teach algebra.  Math is easy to me.  English stuff like, spelling and grammar is not.
  6. If I loose a certain amount of weight, I made a promise to myself to get plastic surgery.  I hope I have enough money saved by then to make that dream come true.
  7. There isn’t much about pop culture that I don’t know about. I really should work at E!  However, I’m not young or pretty enough.  Had I known what I was doing with this blogging thing years ago, I could have been the first Perez Hilton only I wouldn’t have been so mean.
  8. I have an uncanny way of knowing – in pop culture- who’s mom of whom and who played in what TV show.  In just about everything I watch, I’m like, “That’s the lady from so-n-so show.” or “She is the real life wife/mom/girlfriend of so-n-so.”  It’s a gift I have. 
  9. I suck at remembering real live people.  I have classes with people who, when they see me outside of class, say hi and stuff and I have no idea who they are.  Apparently I don’t care as much about my classmates as I do who was Jennifer Aniston’s latest boyfriend. 
  10. I want to be on Big Brother.
  11. I don’t understand how Charlie Sheen still has a job, I mean Two and a Half men isn’t even nearly the funniest thing on TV by a LONG shot!  They let him go on as business as usual and yet Lindsey Lohan is crucified.  I don’t get it.  The same way I don’t understand how the Oxy-Clean stuff still has Billy Mays on it’s commercials and he died with cocaine in his system.  I have a feeling if it were a woman who was the spokesperson and then died with cocaine in her system, she would never be seen again.  It goes without saying that I think, in Hollywood, there is a double standard for men and women. 
  12. It annoys me when people say, “My family always comes first.”  Of course they do, I think it goes without saying.  So, when people say it more than, oh like one time, I think they are being fake.  I also think it’s fake to brag. I can’t stand a bragger.  And being happy about something is different than bragging. 
  13. I think 9/11 should be a holiday.  I hate that we go on as business as usual on that day. It will never be normal for me again.  However, I get the reasons we don’t make it a holiday. I just wish that we didn’t treat it as just any other day. 
  14. The only crossword puzzles I can do are the People crossword puzzles.  I feel so proud of myself when I complete one. 
  15. People said when I was younger, I looked like Linda Blair. Now I don’t I guess I look like anyone but me. image

3 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard the meme! Now if you could get that moustache going... ;-)

    And BTW: I had both a brother and a sister, and I never got any of my hair bow stolen. True story.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off #8 and #9 are me too, totally.

    Also, I have a sibling, he's 7 years younger than me. You'd never guess it by that we never talk or anything. He's completely closed off to me like my dad is. We were never close. I've tried to build a friendship now that we're adults but he's too cold like my dad, I'm not sure it will ever happen. So while I'm not an only child in many ways I feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a witty comment started in my head about your obsession with pop culture....then I got to #14 and I started laughing so hard I forgot what I was going to write!

    ReplyDelete