Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Do Not Read If You Are Afraid of The Biggest Mistake Ever Made

So, I’m watching ABC’s the Bachelor Pad.  Yes. I know. Don’t hate. I have a hardcore weakness or addiction, whatever for all things reality TV, though I have gotten away from all the VH1 shows. Where are the Rock of Love days of yesterday? Or even Flavor Flav? The VH1 shows of today just aren’t that captivating for me.  But I digress.

Tonight during Bachelor pad, I witnessed the “Biggest Mistake of Someone’s Life!” Can you believe that? Seriously! When I heard those words, I sat down quickly and braced myself for what the worst mistake ever made could possibly be so that I would be sure to NEVER EVER make such a mistake and I prayed to God to please not let me have made such a mistake before I even knew what it was.  

If you can handle it, please take a look at this video. I shot it with my phone so the quality isn’t great, but hopefully the message comes through clearly.   

Yes, you heard that right. She chose love and MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF HER LIFE (feel free to listen again if you can handle watching it again, it’s there, I promise!). 

Thank God I have never made such a mistake in my life!! And I will surely teach my child that following their hearts for love is the just about the most idiotic thing they can ever do.  We all know that love is no where in the equation of happiness, right? Like I tell my children everyday along with “brush your teeth” and “say your prayers”  I tell them, “a pretty smile- keep ALL YOUR DENTISTS appointments” (I didn’t when I was younger and now I have to get my teeth cleaned four times a year- YES FOUR TIMES!-  to ward off the gum disease that wants to over take my mouth, TMI? Ooops, sorry) – I tell my girls to “get a college degree and no credit card debt and the world will be yours for the taking!” – All mistakes that I have made that I do not want for them to follow because it sucks.  However, no where do I tell them to ever follow their hearts for love. AND THANK GOD for that! Obviously I’m doing something right with this parenting gig, Thank. God. 

I can go to sleep now knowing that I am part of making the next generation better than the one that came before it.  I expect in 40 years everyone reading this blog to send me big fat “thank you” flowers for a job well done once my children are in power of the entire world, nah, make that galaxy!  Free Hannah Montana tickets for everyone and absolutely no loving anyone at anytime and if you dare follow your heart for love, may God have mercy on your soul.    

What would be your “biggest mistake of your life?” Besides falling in love, of course.  Mine? Refinancing my old house.  Big fat jumbo I wish I could go back and change just one thing kind of mistake. 

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm more horrified you were watching this at all. Biggest mistake of my life? It would be hard to choose, maybe all the diet pills and shit I took when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin- I know. My love of reality TV is nothing that I'm proud of. Unless, of course, I end up on Big Brother, LOL :)

    I think the mistakes before we are of age shouldn't count against us. Lord knows I sleep better at night with that thought, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no "biggest mistake". Hindsight is 20/20 and all that but ever road not taken leads me to now and every road taken does the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilly- You are so very wise :) But I still think refinancing my old house was a mistake. I think my life would be about a thousand times better if I had never done that, but who know? The house may have blown up in my sleep or something? I need to learn to be thankful for where I'm at today and that is something I'm sure I will ever learn no matter how hard I try.

    ReplyDelete